The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, a privately funded, not-for-profit institution, presents internationally recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities as well as travel opportunities around the world. The Public Relations Coordinator reports to the Public Relations Manager and assists in supporting the Museum’s public relations and marketing efforts.
Responsibilities include drafting and distributing listings of exhibitions and events to local and national media contacts; maintaining and updating local and national media contact list; tracking and clipping press coverage; obtaining estimates and coordinating with vendors as needed; and the drafting, proofing and editing of press releases. This position assists in the development of other marketing materials, including membership communications and our quarterly newsletter; assisting in development and implementation of social media initiatives, calendars, and posting to various platforms; while providing support to updating our website and managing paid media campaigns, along with general administrative support.
BA degree required, 2 – 5 years of public relations and/or marketing experience, and work in an office environment. Prior successful experience with electronic communication tools (e-blasts, online calendars, social media, MS Office Suite, Photoshop, etc.) Must have experience with executing social media initiatives, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Requires excellent clerical and organizational skills, strong ability to multi-task, while utilizing excellent communication, public relations, and written communication skills.
- The position reports to the Public Relations Manager
- Non-exempt Status, Full Time.
- This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package including Paid Time Off, Holidays, Medical Insurance (PPO or HMO with FSA or HSA pretax plan options), Dental, Vision, 403b, and more.
- Compensation if $19/hour DOE and position is eligible for full benefits.
- Successful Background Check is required
- Please include Resume, and Cover Letter.